Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Book List

I was just telling Sam the other day that I would love a day where I can just read and sleep all day long. Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe when I am 50!

I LOVE reading! I try to read a little every night. It actually makes me sleepy so it helps me unwind at the end of the day. I got a Kindle for Christmas and have already read the whole Hunger Games Trilogy. So good. Sooooo good.

I have seen several other bloggers make their list of books they would like to read for the year. I love the idea of setting a goal. It also eliminates the question of "What do I read next?"

Here's my list:
1. The Help - I haven't seen the movie yet because I want to read the book first. I have heard fantastic things about this book/movie!

2. The Well Behaved Child - Well, simply because I would love some insight on having well behaved children... I've heard this book is good. I think John Rosemond is wise. Obviously with these types of books, you take some advice and leave some... depending on what works best for your family. We shall see!
3. Grace for the Good Girl - Written by Emily from Chatting at the Sky. I've read reviews on this book and it sounds just lovely!
4. How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World - The art of living with style, class, and grace. I love me some Audrey Hepburn and some pearls!

5. How do you Tuck in a Superhero? - I got this book for Christmas! I love having my two boys and I'm anxious to hear from this mom who has FIVE sons!

6. Organized Simplicity - Well, those two words sum up the goal I want for my home, so this book looks delightful!
7. Give Them Grace - The subtitle is "Dazzling your kids with the love of Jesus"... Isn't that the goal?
8. Israel, My Beloved - I love reading Christian fiction (Redeeming Love is my all-time favorite book) and this one sounds fabulous!

Okay... So 8 books is a good start. If I finish those, I'll come up with some more. But I'm just going to work on reading these before the year is over!

Have you read any good books lately? I would love some suggestions!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Let me know how you like The Well Behaved Child book. I may need to try that with Easton. We're having a difficult time lately. :(

Alison said...

I have two recommendations for you. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom is a true story of a woman who helped hide Jews during WWII, then survived living in concentration camps. This woman and her family's faith is amazing - it is such an eye-opening and uplifting book. The other I just started - An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff. Another true story (I love those) about a business woman who meets a boy begging on the street. She takes him under her wing - it is great so far, I can't put it down. Okay, let me know how your books are!

Jill said...

Ashley... I just started The Well Behaved Child (got a free sample on my kindle). I think it's going to be good! I need all the help I can get, too! Our boys are at 'that' age!

Alison... Those sound great! I will have to try them out! Thanks!