Friday, April 30, 2010

Vera!!

I just got back from a 24-hour trip to Ft. Wayne Indiana. Why Ft. Wayne? Well, that's where the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale happens to be each year! My mom and I have been planning this trip for a year. It was so much fun and so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Next time, I want to stay longer and go each day of the sale. You get more choices on the first day, but you get better prices on the last day!
We began our morning standing in line at 6:50 a.m. There were already about 1000 women in line because they spent the night or got there in the wee hours of the morning. I was beginning to get a little worried at this point that I wouldn't get the things I was looking for, but I had no idea what was to come...
The doors opened at 8:00 an it was a sea of women running around filling up pink garbage bags with all the handbags, totes, and wallets they could find. I was in awe of how much Vera Bradley was in this place. I could never have imagined it! I LOVED IT!! Needless to say, they didn't run out of anything!

Mom and I separated and met back up to sort through our pink garbage bags and take out anything that just "jumped" in our bag on a whim. We were making phone calls and sending text messages to make sure we got things for our friends. Then, we did a little more shopping and a little more sorting until we were totally satisfied.

We were completely finished shopping and paying by 11:30. We headed out to the parking lot to discover a line of thousands of more women (there had to be over 10,000 people there). The wait to get in the door at this time was about 4 hours! Women are crazy about their handbags, huh!? I am so glad we got there early! We had a plane to catch!
I'm sitting here in my new Vera Bradley pajama pants and sorting through bags! I can't wait until we can do this again. It would be perfect if the sale came back to Atlanta again like it did a few years ago!

1 comment:

Michael and Jennie said...

SO fun!!! I can't wait to see my bag =) And please wear your pajama pants to my house! I gotta see those!