Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Long Insecurity

Beth Moore was in Atlanta yesterday! I love her! I have done a couple of her Bible Studies and read a couple of her books. She's an amazing woman that loves the Lord and she has a lot of wisdom to offfer!
She came to do a conference based on her book So Long Insecurity. I went to the conference with Robin, my mom, and her friend Emily. We had a blast! We loved listening to her...she's a hoot!


Since we bought tickets a little late, we were in the overflow room. We watched a live simulcast on a large screen, but were told that Beth was going to make an appearance. I assumed she would come stand on the stage and say "Hi y'all! Thank you so much for coming today!"...and that would be it. However, we got a real treat! After lunch, Beth came into our room and sat on the steps and let us all sit around her and snap pictures like crazy! She sat down with her daughter Melissa and allowed ladies from the audience to ask her questions. We had a little Q & A session! It was intimate and personal and so nice! She's as genuine as she comes across and I love that! Of course I was one of the ones that sat right in front of her...I weaseled my way up there! ha!


We also had some powerful worship led by Travis Cottrell. One of my favorite worship songs to sing is Revelation Song. It was incredible to listen to 9500 ladies singing "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty...Who was, and is, and is to come!"


Another highlight of my day was meeting one of my favorite bloggers - Kelly from Kelly's Korner! The girls were making fun of me because I was so nervous to meet her! I'm so glad that I did, though! She's so much fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh how fun!!! I know that you must have had a great weekend! Love all the pictures and that one of you and Kelly is great!!!