Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Sky #2

I'm really getting out of order here, but these are the remaining pictures that I JUST put on our computer from Big Sky, Montana!
On our last snowboarding day, we decided to take a trip to the very tip top of the mountain. This mountain is called "Lone Peak" because it rises above the rest at 11,000 feet. You have to ride a lift, ski down a bit, ride another lift, ski down a bit, then ride a tram (gondola, skylift, whatever you may call it) to the very top. We stood in line for about 45 minutes just to get on the tram. The only people that are in this line are very serious skiiers. I mean, they are all business with their fancy clothes and avalanche shovels in their backpacks. *Side Note: Sam DID snowboard down this mountain from the very top the day before, so he's one of "those" serious snowboarders...minus the avalanche shovel and the fancy clothes.

When we make it to the top of the mountain, I could not stand up. I was scared out of my mind! From what, I don't know...falling down the cliff? ha! I had to crawl around on my hands and knees! I could only walk a short distance before freaking out a bit. I looked like a dork up there with all those serious people, but I could not help it!

Obviously, we made it down safely by riding the tram back down! We had to do the walk of shame when we got off because we were the only people that didn't ski down, but who cares? It was a fun experience, but I have no need to do it again! I have the pictures to enjoy!

At the end of the day, Sam took Michael snowboarding for a little run...
This last picture is on the way home. The flight attendant was serving our complimentary beverages and she said "You all are so cute together...do you have a camera?" So, she took a picture for us! Thanks, flight attendant lady! Fly Delta Blue! :)

No comments: