Thursday, April 21, 2011

We're Home!

I've been a little preoccupied lately with a new little one in the house! That's right...Isaac is home!! We actually brought him home last Friday, so we've had a good 6 days at home.
IMG_7957
Michael has adjusted really well. He loves on his little brother every chance he gets. Sometimes we have to tell him that Isaac needs a break because he just wants to touch him and hold his hands all the time. We took these pictures soon after we got home... I love this moment! I'm so thankful for cameras to capture a moment like this - the first time these brothers embraced each other!
IMG_7949
IMG_7955
Speaking of Michael... We got his big boy room set up the DAY BEFORE Isaac was born (I thought we had another 3 weeks at least). He only had the opportunity to sleep in his big boy bed one night before he was spending the night at his grandparents houses.
IMG_7965
I was nervous that he would regress or be defiant once we got home as a family, but he made the transition so smoothly! His old room immediately became Isaac's room and Michael had no problem at all sharing it. I think we talked it up so much before the "baby" got here that he was well prepared. Sometimes I just sit back and watch Michael take things in. I'm so impressed with his attitude and flexibility in situations! He's been a trooper...I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

Lane Moore said...

oh my goodness...that pic. of those sweet boys together! brought tears to my eyes! love you sweet friend....so glad and thankful you all are home! God is so great!

Melissa Miller said...

Oh my gracious do you ever have the most PRECIOUS sons Jill. What an adorable brother hug. Congrats!

Happy Easter to you and your family! ~Melissa