Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

I love Easter time - I love just meditating on what Christ did for me on the cross. We sang "Amazing Love" on Sunday at church and I found myself teary-eyed trying to get through a song that I've heard so many times before. I love the lyrics - "Amazing Love, how can it be? That you my King would die for me?" - So simple, yet powerful!

We took Isaac to church for the first time on Easter. He did great! He slept in my arms through the entire service. It was our first time at church as a family in a LONG time - because of my bed rest we probably hadn't been in over 10 weeks!

We also had some sweet time with our families this past weekend. My dad came to visit us, we had an egg hunt at my in-law's house, Michael spent time with his cousin Maylin, and we had Easter lunch at our house on Sunday with my mom and brother's family.

This is the only picture I have of Michael and Maylin - I didn't have my camera during the egg hunt. They are so close in age, so they love playing with each other! I love watching them grow into little people that have little conversations - melts my heart!
IMG_7253

Michael and his Easter basket - he got his very own watering can (that he can actually carry), some popsicle molds, and some sport eggs filled with his favorite....chocolate! He could hardly focus on anything that day because he was surrounded by so much candy! It was definitely a challenge to keep him from eating it all. Every time I turned around he had something else in his hand. I tried to hide it, but he's a sneaky little fella!
IMG_7260
IMG_7265

Michael and his cousin Kennedy had an egg hunt in our front yard. It was the first time that Michael really understood what to do. He's become quite the competitor, so he enjoyed every minute of running after the eggs and putting them in his basket. Look at all those eggs!
IMG_9532
IMG_9529

This picture cracks me up! This is Michael counting his findings. I love how he organizes them! :)
IMG_9540

Hope you had a happy Easter and enjoyed celebrating our Savior!


No comments: