Friday, April 1, 2011

Big Brother

A lot of people ask me what Michael thinks about being a big brother....
195058_1861806635057_1537698533_1968127_2411361_o
I truly think he understands that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. We talk about Isaac all the time and he kisses my belly and talks to him. I know it'll be a shock to see a little person in Mommy and Daddy's arms instead of in a belly, but I think he'll LOVE being a big brother!

I don't anticipate any jealousy, but only time will tell.... I'm sure all mothers say that, right?

I know that I will have to make a conscious effort to spend special one-on-one time with Michael once the new baby gets here. I want to include him on a lot of baby things. I think he's going to be such a good helper! He's at such a great age. I can just ask him to go get things for me - which I'm taking full advantage of already!

I'm so excited about the bond that Michael and Isaac will share. I pray that they will always look out for each other and be the best of friends!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I think he will be a great big brother, too. No need to worry about jealousy - kids are very adaptable. I am in love with seeing my girls play together. They are the best of friends.

Ashley said...

SO beautiful, Jill! I can't wait to see baby Issac. I know Michael will be such a good big brother! :)