Monday, April 11, 2011

Together at last!

One of the many hard parts about Isaac being in the NICU was that Michael wasn't going to be able to meet him for quite a while. We would just show Michael pictures on the computer and try to explain to him that Isaac was a little bit sick. We had a lot of help with Michael and had his grandparents sit with him in the waiting room while Sam and I got to spend time with Isaac.

However, all of that changed the day before yesterday! While we were sitting in the waiting room, one of the nurses told us that there was a restriction for children under 15 due to the RSV virus and they just released it so that children over two were now able to visit their siblings! I almost burst into tears!! Michael was finally able to meet Isaac! It was perfect!
IMG_7910
Michael was SO gentle with his baby brother. He was so caring and concerned. I know that he was overjoyed to be in that room as a family! Sam and I just watch the two of them together and talk about all the sweet moments that we are going to see in their lives.
IMG_7911
Since my last post, Isaac has given up his IV fluids and is now able to maintain his blood sugar. His only problem now is his eating. He wants to sleep the day away and not eat during his feeding times, which is every 3 hours. He has a bit of jaundice and still has some magnesium sulfate in his system (from my labor). Both of these things make him extremely tired.
IMG_7904
The nurses are so great! They obviously love what they do and are so patient with all the babies! We have been blessed with some wonderful nurses that just encourage us and keep us informed on Isaac's progress. Sam and I are at the hospital for most of his feedings during the day. My blood pressure continues to be high, so it's tough to balance being at home to get some rest and being at the hospital with my baby.

We've only had to deal with this for 6 days and I'm already feeling so discouraged and sad. It was extremely hard to leave the hospital without my baby boy in his car seat. It's sad to come home to an empty cradle by my bed. I know that being in the NICU is the best thing for Isaac right now, so I'm trying to stay positive. I know that God is in control of all of this and I have to constantly remind myself of that. I will continue to worship the God that gave this child life and have faith that he will grow and nourish Isaac in His time. I'm definitely learning to be patient. I always thought I was a pretty patient person, but that has definitely been put to the test!

5 comments:

Kory said...

Borg Family! Thanks for the updates on this blog... it's great to see pics of little Isaac and thrilled you were all together today as a family of 4! Ali and I are praying that all 4 of you will be home soon! We love you guys! Keep trusting in the One who gave us all life!

Ashley said...

Love you, Jill. Still praying. Thanks for posting the pictures. They are precious.

Michael and Jennie said...

Teared up reading about the precious love of siblings...so special. Praying hard for all of you! Love you!

Jillian said...

Good news!!

Summer said...

I was tearing up too! I am so glad that Michael got to see his little brother!