Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

So, on my new "Trying-to-eat-more-fresh-foods" kick, I've discovered the magic of smoothies!

I found this recipe the other day and it looked so simple that I had to try it! Michael and I have enjoyed Cherry-Banana smoothies 2 days in a row. This morning, it was our breakfast...so yummy!! He's 2 1/2 and can help me make them. And best of all, he thinks he gets to eat ice cream for breakfast! AWESOME!

It calls for Greek yogurt, which has less sodium than regular yogurt and has a lot of protein in it! However, plain Greek yogurt by itself is not yummy....note to self.
IMG_7042
Cherry-Banana Smoothies:
1 cup pitted cherries (I used the frozen kind)
1 banana
1/2 lemon - juiced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
5 ice cubes
4 drops almond extract
IMG_7039
Mix all these ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, enjoy your healthy ice cream... I mean, smoothie! :)

I'm linking up for the first time to {Titus 2}sday!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Looks like a "Kroger" add to me - does your blog get paid for product placement?

John and Kay said...

These sound really good. I have some frozen strawberries. Do you want me to bring you some? I think I'll try it with strawberries.