Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Beach Family Reunion

A couple of weeks ago, my mom's side of the family decided to have our first ever family reunion at Tybee Island. These were all my cousins from my grandpa's brothers and sisters. There is only one living sister left, my Great Aunt Lois. She was able to help all the ladies go through their pictures and identify people, tell stories, and help with geneology information. It was fun just to listen to her tell these stories from her childhood and teen years. I love that 40's (ish) era....
(These pictures aren't the best quality because they're taken with my phone or copied from facebook, but you get the point.)

We spent the weekend in Tybee and had all day Saturday to enjoy the beach...and enjoy the beach we did! There was a chance of rain, but that held off just for me! :)
We saw lots of these beach cruisers. I plan to own one of these one day...just like this one. Pink with streamers coming out of the handles... *bliss*
Sam, Michael, and I at dinner at "Fannie's on the Beach"...
The whole family (minus a few that didn't come).... Some of these people I haven't seen in 20 years....Some I've never even met before. The yellow group is my family - from my Grandpa. The other colors are the other brothers and sister's families. There were 5 of them in all.
Apparently we're going to start making this a yearly tradition. It was so hot on the beach that everyone else is voting for the mountains next year, but I'm secretly hoping that the tide will pull them back to the beach! :)

1 comment:

John and Kay said...

Sorry, sweetie, but the cousin's vote is in and the mountains it is!