Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Fun

Summers in Georgia are so hot..... I mean, we rarely go outside if there isn't a water source. So, to remedy that we use our little baby pool quite often. The boys love to splash and play in the water and I enjoy watching them have so much fun. Every once-in-a-while, we'll go to the splash park in town or to a bigger pool, but we are satisfied playing in the driveway most days!

 Later in the evenings, the lightning bugs come out to put on a show for us. We love finding them and anticipating where we will see their glow next. One special night, we caught a few in a jar so we could get a closer look...

 I love the laid-back feeling that summer brings. I love the simple things - like swimming in a plastic pool and catching lightning bugs in a Mason jar. So thankful for moments like that with my family. It truly is a gift.



No comments: