Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Sam and I are both blessed with wonderful fathers. I have said this before, but I love that my boys have awesome Grandpas in their lives. They let my boys have fun being boys. They go fishing & gem mining. They take trips to McDonalds & Burger King. They let them eat hotcakes, moonpies, and drink YooHoo. They buy them suckers whenever there is a concession stand available. Obviously, the boys love their Grandpa and G-Daddy... Who wouldn't? I am so thankful that our dads are awesome! We wouldn't be the people we are today without them.

Our boys are just as blessed as we are with such a great Daddy. I can spend all day with Michael and Isaac and have great times, but nothing compares to when Daddy walks through the door. He's more fun and lets them branch out a little more than this cautious Mommy does. Sam loves spending time with his boys and doing "boy things" like shooting basketballs and wrestling on the floor. He's teaching our boys how to be brave and courageous and how to be men of God. He's also teaching them how to jump off of couches and run fast. :) I love watching the boys play together. It's such a heart-warming moment.

For Fathers Day, we celebrated with my dad by going to dinner with the whole family. It's always nice to get my brother and I and our families together. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the event. What? Nevertheless, we enjoyed spending time with him. Thank you for everything, Dad. You're the best! :)

Earlier in the day, we took Sam's family and some friends of ours out on the lake. We used to go on the lake every day when we had our boat. Now, it's a special treat when we get some time on the water. We soak up every minute and go big. We brought the wakeboards, the tube, and the slalom ski. We really had a great time.
Michael rode the tube with Grandpa and even practiced his rope-holding skills for future wakeboard runs.

Grandpa slalom skiied and Sam was able to wakeboard. I'm glad Sam and his Dad got a day that they were able to enjoy! Happy Fathers Day!

No comments: