Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things I don't want to forget....

These are things that Michael does right now that I want to etch in my mind forever. I am the world's worst journaler (I have yet to start one for either of my kids), so I'm putting it on here for safe-keeping!

The way he says 'drankit' for 'blanket' and 'park' for 'part'.

When he goes to bed, he likes to say his rules: 
"Rule #1: No crying. Rule #2: No getting up. Rule #3: Have a good attitude."

He doesn't always follow his rules and it's really annoying but quite cute how he sneaks out of his room. He cracks the door open, wraps his hands around and slowly peeks out to see Mommy and Daddy. Sometimes we ignore him just to see how far he will sneak out of his room. Then we are stern with him and put him back to bed.

I love how excited he gets when he receives something. The other day he found some pretzels and gasped and said "Thank you Mommy! Thank you for the pretzels!".

His love for Burger King. Sam and I do not like Burger King, but for some reason, Michael got hooked on it! Everytime we would pass by, he would talk about Burger King. We had thought maybe one of his grandparents had taken him, but they hadn't. Finally a few weeks ago, Michael tasted his first Burger King burger with Grandma and Grandpa. He loved it! He loved the guitar that went with the kids meal too!

Sometimes Sam plays the guitar for Isaac to calm him down and provide some entertainment. Michael is quick to go get his 'guitar'. Then we are blessed with the glorious sounds of "Wild Thing" and "Hey Now, You're an AllStar" which are pre-programmed in his toy guitar... beautiful music! ha! :)

His computer skills. Michael already knows how to type his name as well as the rest of his family's names. He just recently learned how to play games. And now, he has learned to navigate around YouTube (with our supervision of course!). Just tonight we found ourselves watching some TOMS videos. Michael just kept clicking on one after the other. We enjoyed watching them! 
I now want a pair of TOMS shoes... good marketing through my son!!

Michael also just recently learned how to master the scowl face. It is hilarious! If he wasn't having a bad attitude while doing it, I would laugh! He just crinkles that eyebrow...So funny! Reminds me of this 'angry face' video... ha!


I'm sure there are so many more things I could add to this list. I feel like something happens every day where I think to myself "I need to write that down". This will definitely be an ongoing list.

1 comment:

John and Kay said...

...and don't forget how he looks at everything through his binoculars and takes his map out of his pocket to find his way! I love that little boy!