Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall is here!

I feel like every time there is a turn of a season, I say it's my favorite - well, except for winter....that's NEVER my favorite. But, I think that fall is officially my favorite season. I love everything about it! I love the cooler weather, bonfires and s'mores, football, chili, and of course PUMPKINS and all things that can be made with pumpkin - pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin dip, ALL OF IT!
We spent some time down at my dad's house this past weekend and helped bring in the new season. There's nothing like visiting a pumpkin patch! (You'll see...we've already been to 2 this week.) This particular pumpkin patch had so many activities other than pumpkins. There was a hayride, a cow train, corn shooting, pig races, a petting zoo, corn dogs, and a corn maze. We all made a unanimous decision not to participate in the corn maze. We would be there all night...

But, we did participate in the other things and had so much fun! Michael and G-Daddy fed the goats...
Watched the people shootin' corn...
Sat on lots of pumpkins...
Watched some pig races... Yes, those are pigs racing... So funny...
And we finished the day picking out a "baby punkin" to take home with us...
We had so much fun bringing in the new season... More fall festivities to come!

No comments: