Monday, January 25, 2010

More about Haiti...

I realize that I've dedicated my blog to Haiti over the past few posts. My heart just breaks for that country and the millions of people affected by it. I am just overwhelmed with what I see on the news and what I hear from Sam. I cannot even imagine going through what these Haitians are going through right now.

Sam gets home tonight. I'm so excited to see him and actually have a real conversation that is not limited by how much we pay per minute on the cell phone. He has seen a lot of suffering and has been able to bless so many people.

My mother-in-law is so eloquent with words....She says it best:

http://marciaborg.myadventures.org

*She mentions that they gave out Michael's stuffed animals to Haitian kids. When I read this, it made me cry! Michael was given so many stuffed animals when he was born that we had nothing else to do with them other than box them up to put in the basement. They have been sitting there for over a year now and not once have I even thought of them. When Sam made the decision to go to Haiti, I really wanted to send those stuffed animals. It might sound silly because the Haitians NEEDED food and water, not toys. There ended up being enough room after all the supplies were packed. Michael helped pack his animals, and he kissed every one before it went into the bag. Now, there is a Haitian child that was blessed by what we had forgotten about until a week ago. I love it!

1 comment:

Lanie Beth Sinclair said...

SWEET STORY! I love that he kissed each of them before packing them up! Ah! Hope Sam gets home safely. Can't wait to hear about his trip!