Monday, October 5, 2009

Lately...

Wow...another 2 weeks gone by without so much as a "hello" from me! I've even been at home with no excuse for a missing blog entry! We have had a fantastic week though! I finally joined a gym and I've been working out almost every day! They have a great kids place for Michael to play. I also started the Esther Bible Study by Beth Moore. I've done the first week so far and I think God is really going to teach me through her story.

We went to the park a couple of times and had a picnic with some good friends! We've drawn a lot of sidewalk chalk pictures, watched some Elmo, sorted shapes, practiced our coloring skills, and played "I'm going to get you" a few times! We are loving this time that we get to spend together. I'm planning another fun week for us this week, but Michael has had a runny nose. He's got some new molars coming in, so I'm hoping that's all it is. This morning, he wanted to cuddle with me and watch TV. He is not much of a TV watcher...unless it's Elmo. But, he sat in my lap with his head leaned against me. We watched probably an hour straight of TV. He is definitely not feeling well. Poor thing. He's still happy, though, and still eating pretty well...

Speaking of eating...Michael is in a stage where he wants to feed himself! He does well with SOME finger foods - mostly fruit, bread, and cheese. He doesn't really like the texture of meat and some veggies in his mouth, so he'll spit those out or give them to Sugar! I've still been giving him some pureed baby food (mostly the meat ones), so that he'll still get his protein, but he usually won't even finish the jar. I think it's because he's wanting to do it himself. Needless to say, Michael's diet seems a little limited these days. Gone are the days where I would choose a nice variety of fruit and veggies for him to eat!

We're getting a lot of practice using the spoon and the spork. And, we're making a lot of messes! Here's some pictures of dinner the other night. I'll post more pictures of our fun week later! I've also got a video in the works of Michael making his animal noises...keep checking back!



2 comments:

John and Kay said...

You are much better at blogging than I am! Michael looks so grown up on these pictures. I miss him!

Alison said...

Michael is getting so big and adorable. Good for you for doing lots of fun stuff with him. I get so frustrated with the spoon and fork - she wants to do it all by herself and makes the biggest mess. Why doesn't she want to clean up the mess all by herself, too?! :)