Monday, April 20, 2009

Beach Boy

This past weekend, we took a trip to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We decided on Saturday morning to take a trip down there that same night. I booked a hotel on our favorite site, Hotwire, and we got a hotel right on the beach! Michael had never been to the beach before, so we were really excited to see his reaction to the sand and water!

We loaded up the car with towels, sunscreen, and beach chairs and made the 4 hour trip! We had only a few hours by the ocean Sunday morning, but it was soooo worth it! Michael loved the feel of the sand between his fingers (he only tried to eat a few things!). He also loved crawling around! He didn't even lift his hands up, but let them just glide under the sand!
The only thing he didn't like so much was the ocean water on his feet. I think the coldness shocked him a little! We'll have to wait until it gets REALLY hot this summer and then he'll love the cold water!

Here are a few pictures of our trip! It spoiled us and all I can think about is when we're going back....this weekend?


2 comments:

The Thome Family said...

Soooo cute!! I love the first picture. I wish we had one like that of Jacob and I with Kaylin. Maybe we'll get one this year since we will be with family at the beach! We still need to have a Borg-Thome beach vacation at some point in time!!

J Tabb said...

I love all of these shots. SO Borg-style just to pack up and go. I love it! I don't think I realized you had a blog!