Friday, April 24, 2009

9.5 months...


I cannot believe that Michael is almost 10 months old! This means that his first birthday is just around the corner! I've already started thinking about it and making plans in my head! It's going to sneak up on me!! Check out Alison's blog...she had the cutest first birthday party for her daughter, Chess!

I like how my friend Ashley says what her son, Easton, can do at different stages in life. I've decided to record what Michael can do at this point...

At 9 months old, Michael...
-can crawl anywhere he wants to go
-has 5 teeth - and they HURT if he bites you!!
-can pull up on furniture and stand by himself for a few seconds!
-will clap his hands in excitement
-likes to say "dadadada", "babababa", and "mamama" (we're working on him relating da-da and ma-ma to his actual daddy and mommy)
-can walk using only one hand for guidance
-makes a mess with his food (see the picture above!)
-will give you a nice open-mouth kiss if you ask
-loves his mommy and daddy!!

I have really loved getting to spend so much time with Michael. We have been so blessed!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for the compliment! It really will come up fast. I was thinking about/planning that birthday party for forever! Michael is so adorable!

The Thome Family said...

Cute picture of a "messy" Michael! I like the idea of writing about the different stages too! It is fun to see what all he is doing at this point. I can't believe how long he can stand by himself!

Ashley said...

Go Michael! What a big boy! I can't wait to actually meet him in person! Post more pictures! :)