Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am so blessed!

God has given me a great opportunity to be the two things I love - a teacher and a mother!

I work part-time as an ESOL teacher. I only work 2 or 3 days a week, so this allows me to stay at home most days with Michael. I have a wonderful mother and mother-in-law that take care of Michael on the days that I work!! Without them, I'm really not sure what I would do!

For those of you that don't know, I taught in the regular classroom for two years. I taught 2nd grade and 3rd grade and absolutely LOVED both years. My kids were awesome and I miss them and think about them all the time! However, I wanted to stay at home as much as possible once I had a baby. In order to work part-time, I had to move schools and positions. I am not in a regular classroom anymore. I spend most of my day co-teaching which is where I go into the different 3rd grade classrooms and teach a small group of students.

I have recently realized that I don't think about school once I'm at home. I LOVE THIS! Before, my afternoons and evenings were spent planning lessons, grading papers, and working in my classroom. Now, I get to leave all of that at school and focus on Michael once I'm at home.

I love watching him grow and learn new things every day! The other day, we took a walk (Michael was in the Baby Bjorn) down our street with Sugar, our Golden Retriever. Michael started giggling like I had never heard before! I absolutely love his laugh and just can't get enough of it.

He hasn't laughed like that since then, but I hope that he will start doing it all the time. However, he did let out a little chuckle while at my mom's house the other day. Here's the video.


I hope this brings a smile to your face! It does to mine!

No comments: