Sunday, April 15, 2012

Isaac Turns "Uno"!

For Isaac's first birthday party, we went with an "UNO" theme. I thought it was quite appropriate since we are teaching our kids Spanish (and it's just cute!).
 Our typical party food - deli sandwiches (and my Dad's famous pimento cheese sandwiches), fruit, chips...
 Kid food - animal crackers and applesauce...
 The first cake I have ever made...ever!! An uno card!
I didn't get Isaac's picture with many people, but I did get a few of him with my dad. I love this picture! Isaac has such a sweet face. You can get a good look at his Uno shirt, too! :)
 We enjoy having our childrens' parties at a local park on the lake. This is where the kids usually end up... throwing rocks into the lake and getting Georgia red clay on their shoes!
 Michael loved being a big brother at the party. He was so proud of his one-year-old buddy. When Isaac needed help opening presents, Michael was right there! Of course he had to have a shirt to match the party theme....
 And here's the birthday boy after enjoying his cupcake! Someone has a sweet tooth like his mama!
Isaac loved being the center of attention! He is surrounded by many people that love him. He is one blessed boy!

On another note... I did learn a lesson at this party. I tried to be responsible for taking the pictures myself and missed out on so many opportunities. We didn't even get a family picture at the party! However, both of Isaac's Grandmas are so nice for taking pictures and letting me steal them! Thank you!

No comments: