Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mother-Son Date Knight

I have seen Chick-fil-a's Daddy-Daughter date nights numerous times over the last several years and have always mentioned that I wish they would do one for Mothers and Sons. Well, my thoughts were heard and this year they had a Mother-Son Date Knight! I was so excited when I started seeing the advertisements. Maybe this wasn't the first year they have done this, but it was the first year I noticed!
We made our reservation weeks in advance and I got Michael excited to take me on a date! He even wore his "handsome shirt" for me! Chick-fil-a did it up big. I am always so impressed with that company. We were welcomed by a real knight in shining armor and a cow knight. We had our picture taken (and they printed it and gave it to us!) and then we were seated in the restaurant by the King and Queen's court.
It wasn't a normal day at Chick-fil-a. Our orders were taken by the waiter and he brought our food to us. There was a man making balloon swords for the boys and balloon flowers for the moms. There were questions on the table to act as conversation starters for mothers and sons. They were for older kids, but we had fun talking about how to be a gentleman and how to be courageous like a knight. Michael loved it! 

Isaac loved it too! He got his first kids meal on this night. The grilled nuggets and applesauce were just what he wanted!

We completed the night with some ice cream. I am so glad that I got a date night with my boys. I look forward to many more of these. I pray that they will grow to learn how to treat a lady with respect, to use good manners, and to act like gentlemen. I will gladly let them practice with me! :)

No comments: