Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun Times in the DR

These are random fun pictures that I have... The beach pictures are next...
Family trip to 'la presa' - the dam - to swim and enjoy the scenery. We also encountered a 'vaca' - cow - while we were there. Michael loved to look at it and listen to it mooooo.
McDonalds = glorious!
Sam and I always like to go to an all-inclusive resort for a couple of days to end our trips to the DR. We've been to Punta Cana before, which is by far the best, but it was too far to drive this time. However, La Romana was a very close second place! We stayed at Hotel Catalonia Gran Dominicus Beach. It was such a nice place and the beach was amazing!! I'm not one to enjoy the seaweed and coral at the beach, so clear water is right up my ally.
It was nice to finish our trip sleeping in an air-conditioned room and eating some good food. This place had specialty restaurants that were included in the all-inclusive price and the food was amazing! We were pleasantly surprised at the whole experience! We ate Mexican one night and goofed around with the sombrero decorations. Sam played around with the waiters saying that it was funny to see Dominicans dressed as Mexicans! The food was great though!
Michael enjoyed his time there as well! He especially loved the swimming pool! It was a gradual-entry pool, so he was able to sit down in the water and splash and play and enjoy being able to touch the bottom. Sam and I took turns watching Michael. He would play with him for a bit while I enjoying laying in the sun and then I would watch Michael while Sam played some intense volleyball. I must admit that I got to lay out more than Sam played volleyball. He's a good husband, huh?

No comments: