Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I shall call him "Squishy"

Some good friends of ours - Jeff, Rachel, and their son Reid - came to visit us recently. They're from Michigan, but they lived in Georgia a few years ago. We were great friends, so it's always nice to pick up where you left off and spend great quality time together. We had a list of things to do while they were here - eat at their favorite BBQ place, go out on the lake, visit friends, and see the 'new' Georgia Aquarium. It's not so new to us anymore, but it is to them!

We took Reid (almost 4) and Michael (almost 2) with us to the aquarium! They loved it! Michael loves to look at animals and especially fish! We had so much fun!

I remember going to the aquarium when I was pregnant with Michael and telling Sam how I was looking forward to the day when we could take our son here! It was a lot of fun watching him enjoy everything!
One of my favorite parts at the aquarium is this HUGE glass wall where you see into a tank of ocean life. There are whale sharks, hammerhead sharks, other types of sharks, manta rays, grouper, little fishies, coral, etc.... it's HUGE. I could sit there for hours watching the fish...
Another one of my favorite parts to see is the penguin exhibit where they have the "Penguin Crawl". You crawl through this tunnel and you poke your head up inside of the penguin habitat. You are surrounded by glass, but it's so fun to be face to face with a penguin. This picture is of us crawling through... The picture of us with our heads up with the penguins didn't turn out...bummer.
Here's Michael face-to-face with a baby penguin! He loved it!
We had such a great time! I can't wait to go back again year after year! I hear that they have plans for a new dolphin exhibit! I would LOVE that!

No comments: