Thursday, February 10, 2011

Catching up...

It's been a while since my last post, so here's what you've missed in our lives:

-Sam and I celebrated our 8th anniversary in Atlanta! He got me tickets to see West Side Story and made reservations at Ruths Chris Steak House...YUM! We spent the night in a hotel and enjoyed sleeping in the next morning! With it being the busiest time of year for us (basketball season), it's hard to find even a day to spend with each other and celebrate our anniversary. I was so thankful for Sam to be off on a Saturday night! I'm thankful for him and for our marriage and I pray for many more years together!

-I tried to dye my hair a light brown and it turned a little reddish. It's lightened up a lot, but that's why you may notice my hair isn't quite as blonde. I know it's a little vain of me to talk about my hair, but I'm pretty sure I was made to stay blonde, no matter my "natural" color hair... ha! I plan on making a hair appointment before Baby Isaac gets here so he can see his mama the way she's supposed to look! :)
-I'm 28 weeks along in my pregnancy! Time has really gone by fast, but I feel like these last 12 weeks are the longest to get through. I still continue to feel great and Isaac is growing right on track. I'm getting larger and larger by the minute these days. These are some things I've heard over the past week:
-"Are you sure you're not having twins?"
-"How far along are you? You look like you're about to pop!"
-"Your belly is bigger than mine!" - said by a girl who is 36 weeks

Wow... sure makes a pregnant lady feel great!!

On another note, I am one of four women in my small group expecting a baby. We've really enjoyed going through this time together! It's fun to share stories and anticipation with each other. We threw a shower for my friend Jennie last weekend and were able to capture the four of our bellies together. Jennie is on the far left and she is due in just a few weeks!

1 comment:

Alison said...

You are so cute, pregnant or not, and blonde or not. I am with you about being born to be blonde. If only our checking account would agree, I would be blonde, as well!