Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Yes, I realize that Halloween was over a week ago, but I am just now able to catch up on life! I'm working on our LONDON post, but I'm going to start with Halloween tonight.

Ever since I got the Pottery Barn catalog with Halloween costumes in it back in August, I wanted Michael to dress up as a dinosaur. However, I was NOT going to pay $50 for a costume vest from PB. I decided I need to make his costume myself. It was the first time I have ever used a pattern, but I was please with the result!
Michael wasn't too fond of having the costume on around the house, but he loved wearing it trick-or-treating. I think it's because it kept him warm - like a big ole' Snuggie!
We went with some good friends of ours through a couple of neighborhoods in our area. We were pulled in a trailer, like a hayride minus the hay. So fun!
Our friends, Jamey and Stephanie, dressed their 4 kids up like Toy Story characters - Woody, Jessie, Exercise Barbie, and Bo Peep. They were adorable! Jacob and Robin's kids dressed as Snow White and Dopey. Michael was by himself as a dinosaur!!
I CANNOT wait to do family-themed costumes! If it's a boy, I want to have a Mario and Luigi one year. If it's a girl, I'm thinking Mickey and Minnie would be adorable! It'll be a couple of years before our little baby can walk around in a costume, but I love to think about it.

Michael got just the right amount of candy! He ate the pretzels and fruit snacks and I hid the rest! He has already forgotten about it! ha!

2 comments:

Scott Borg said...

I'd like to see Sam as either a dinosaur or a Disney character next year.

Lane Moore said...

I just love that picture of Michael!